One of the nicest parts about sprite comics is that, unlike hand-drawn comics, there's no shame in copying and pasting. In fact, it's an integral part of the spriting process, so there's no reason I can't just, say, take the first comic, cut out the dialogue, write in new dialogue, and have a brand new comic.
By this point in the comic, I had gotten access to my friend's scanner, but I found that I didn't have the proper drawing skill and/or software to make the hand-drawn comic look the way I wanted. As I mentioned earlier, the only graphics programs I had on my computer were Paint and Photo Editor, and as far as taking scanned images and cleaning them up enough for a comic, they simply weren't going to work. So while what I had was fine for a sprite comic, without something more powerful, the hand-drawn comic was dead.
Of course, I didn't know that yet, so rather than give up on the idea altogether and stick to sprites, I thought I just needed more time to figure out a good system for scanning my stuff and cleaning it up. I figured a couple of weeks sounded good, and I set a new self-imposed deadline (that I also wouldn't actually end up meeting).
If you'd like to see the original version of this comic, click here. Apparently it was this comic where I first decided to start using the Comic Sans font, much to the disappointment of all those people that hate Comic Sans.